Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stelvio Mountain Pass

Top Gear being the best TV program ever produced has had a serious influence on me. Watching it for a while, has made me more of a Car/Motorcycle fanatic than I originally was. Jeremy Clarkson once declared this piece of road as one of best driving experiences ever! (that’s until he discovered something better in Romania). Knowing I was going to be close to the area I was determined I was going to give it a crack albeit tackling it in a diesel Astra! Sure enough it was fantastic! Starting from the bottom (as you do), we zig-zagged our way to the top (about 50km), with brilliant views to complement the drive! Absolutely great experience that I must highly recommend you do despite what you ride in. I will do this again but hopefully in a ride that’s a little more decent.

Tim.



0 comments:

Post a Comment